VVCC would like to provide further guidance and protocol when a positive COVID-19 case is associated with our facility. We will contact all families if any of our staff, a child, or family member associated in our facility comes down with a case of COVID-19. VVCC will contact Contra Costa Public Health, CDC, and Community Care Licensing. Please inform us immediately if you or your child were exposed to an individual who tested positive.
Although we are on the campus of Valle Verde Elementary, we are not affiliated with MDUSD. We are mandated by the County Health Department and our licensing agency to follow their childcare guidance. Below are scenarios and action plans VVCC will take if we have a positive COVID-19 case in our facility:
IF YOUR CHILD TESTS POSITIVE
If your child tests positive for COVID-19, we ask that you contact us and isolate at home for 10 days. The timeline for returning to the center is as follows:
You may return after 10 days have passed since the start of symptoms if: symptoms are improving, and there has been no fever for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication).
You may return after 10 days have passed since the date of the positive COVID-19 test. If symptoms develop during the isolation period, you may return 10 days after the test if symptoms are improving and there has been no fever for 24 hours (without using fever-reducing medication).
There is no repeat testing required to return to the center.
IF YOUR CHILD IS IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO TESTS POSITIVE
If your child has tested positive for COVID-19, when you contact the center, please help identify the children your child had close contact with (i.e., who your child was playing with). We will contact those children’s parents, and they will need to isolate/quarantine for 10 days after the last exposure. We ask that you get your child tested; however, testing negative will not shorten your 10-day quarantine.
Symptoms can develop even after testing negative, so we recommend that you test your child 7-10 days after exposure.
DIRECT CONTACT SIBLINGS
If the child who had direct contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 has a sibling, we ask that the sibling stay home until both of your children test negative. This means that there is a possibility that the sibling may have an opportunity to return before the child with direct contact.
VVCC STEPS OF ACTION TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
We take the responsibility of keeping your kids healthy and safe seriously at VVCC. Here are some of the actions that we have taken to keep our environment as safe and healthy as possible:
- All children eat their lunch and snacks outdoors: 1st-5th grade eat under the solar panels and TK/K eat under the tree area near the garden or benches in front yard.
- We clean our tables with soap/water numerous times throughout the day. We also sanitize the tables when children are out of the building.
- We disinfect toys and the children’s restrooms daily with bleach/water or sanitizing solution.
- We have a professional cleaning service that comes in each night to sanitize and deep clean the inside of our building.
- We are adhering to distancing regulations to the best of our ability.
- While indoors, we keep the children in cohorts by grade to help prevent mixing of students.
- During 4:30 PM pickup in the small yard, we ask that all children wear a mask while playing with others.
- We ask that all staff wear mask indoors, and unvaccinated staff wear masks both indoors and outdoors.
- Any time we have an active COVID-19 exposure, we contact the County Health Department to ensure we are taking all the proper steps necessary for contact tracing.
Let’s all do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19. We are all in this together!